All relevant non-work info about me
- Name: Jussi Hämäläinen
- Age: 29
- Place of residence: Espoo
- Formal education: none
- Speaks: Finnish, English
- Currently working in: Nollaversio IT (self-employed)
I firmly believe that all a man can learn about his fellow man can be done by inspecting what books he reads. Here are my favourite pieces of literature (programming books not included):
- Atlas Shrugged (Ayn Rand) Easily all-time favourite. Many see it as a fierceful rejection of all forms of collectivism. I see it as a guide to a happy life; work towards a purpose, embrace competition, ignore whiners.
- R.W.Emerson: Essays and Poems Collection of Emerson's essays and poems. Emerson's way of writing forces one to read and reread every line until you figure out what he actually says. But the message behind those cryptic, beautifully prosaic lines is crystal-clear; universe exists for the independent, enthusiastic soul. Every man has a right to shape the world into his own image, yet almost no man ever does. That is the utmost tragedy of our times.
- Tuotteistajan Taskuraamattu (Jari Parantainen)I hate stereotypical business books. This is not one of them. Easy to read with clear, actionable pointers on how to sell more. Kitchen-psychology at its finest.